Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) Services
What is a CCBHC?
St. Joseph County Community Mental Health has been designated as a CCBHC demonstration site by the State of Michigan. A CCBHC is a clinic which offers high-quality, evidence based mental health and substance use disorder services. The clinic will coordinate care across the healthcare continuum, ensuring seamless transitions and high-quality care.
How is CCBHC services are different?
Originally, CMH primarily served patients with more severe mental illness and developmental disabilities. The CCBHC designation allows us to increase access to anyone in need of care. Unlike traditional service organizations that operate differently in each state or community, CCBHC’s meet “universal” criteria related to care coordination, crisis response and service delivery. CCBHC’s are evaluated by a common set of quality measures.
Key differences in CCBHC’s service delivery include:
- Serve everyone regardless of geographical location or ability to pay
- Offer access to services within 10 business, with the ability for same day access
- Blend mental health, substance use disorder, and physical health treatment services
- Provide an expanded range of services including
- 24/7 crisis stabilization services
- Peer and family support
- Care coordination with hospitals, schools, criminal justice agencies, and other providers
- Services for our local military members and veterans.
- Targeted case management
- Outpatient mental health and substance-use services
How do I get services?
CCBHC services are available to any individual in need of care who has a mental health and/or substance use disorder., including (but not limited to) people with serious mental illness, serious emotional disturbance, long-term chronic addiction, mild or moderate mental illness and substance use disorders, and complex health profiles. CCBHCs will provide care regardless of ability to pay, caring for those who are underserved, have low incomes, are insured, uninsured, or on Medicaid, and those who are active-duty military or veterans.
CCBHC SLIDING FEE DISCOUNT PROGRAM
If you are uninsured or underinsured, CMHSAS-SJC can help. Our sliding fee program provides discounted services to income-eligible individuals based on family size and income.
- To apply for the sliding fee discount program, you must first complete the income verification form. This form is available at the front desk of CMHSAS-SJC location or available for download here. The form must be completed in its entirety in order to be considered for eligibility.
- To view the sliding fee discount scale, click here.